Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Weekly Update for the Week Ending 3/19/17

Good morning! I've had a decent week this week. Things have been a bit slower this week in all aspects of my life, but I did have one thing happen that affects all aspects of my life - I got a new computer! I love it, it's much faster than my old one, which was almost three years old and really starting to slow down (and also starting to make some noises I didn't like). I also had a few things happen this week that are forcing me to re-think things a bit. Here's what happened this week:




Health

I gained half a pound this week, but I"m not going to stress about it - it could be water weight. I got through my second week of T25 Alpha Cycle, and it went well. I was able to make it through all the workouts again, and I'm finding some of the movements easier to do now that I've done them once. I actually did my workout for 3/20/17 on the previous Sunday because I have my physical at 10:30 on 3/20/17, and of course I have to fast for the lab work, so I didn't think it would be a good idea for me to be working out. My workout schedule for the coming week is:

Monday - Day off (should be T25 Alpha Total Body Circuit but did it on Sunday due to physical)
Tuesday - T25 Alpha Speed 1.0
Wednesday - Alpha Lower Focus
Thursday - Alpha Cardio
Friday - Alpha Total Body Circuit and Ab Intervals (double day)
Saturday - Stretch

Work/Career

Apptical

Things have been a bit slower again this week at Apptical, but I've still been having good days, especially since I've been getting calls from a few of our new clients this week. I also got my first write-up in about 13 months for a few stupid mistakes that I made (well, one very stupid mistake that I made which I definitely will not make again, and one that I didn't realize was so stupid until I heard the call).  While I won't go into a whole lot of detail about the calls themselves, I did have one call where I sounded way too robotic on the call. I didn't realize how robotic I sounded until I actually heard it, but that's forced me to start thinking about things I can do to make myself sound less robotic and more natural, without speaking too fast, which is something else I've had problems with in the past. One thing I decided to do, and I'm going to see how well it works for me, is I'm going to try and talk more like I'm giving a performance - putting more emphasis on certain words. I'm also going to try to work on ways I can vary my pitch. I actually downloaded the Toastmasters handbook, which has some great tips on how to widen your vocal range. There are a lot of warm-up exercises you can do to warm up your voice and relax your throat, so I'm going to try those and see if they help. I had a focus group conference call just yesterday, which I enjoyed very much - I love being part of the group, it's one of the things that actually makes it worth it for me to stay working at Apptical, so I'm going to do everything I can to stay working there and stay a part of that group.  

Lionbridge

I haven't done any work at all this week or last week with Lionbridge, so I know I'm not going to have anything for a paycheck this next pay period. This coming week and the next week I hope to get some more work done, but we'll see.

Wealth

Started reading the book "Worth It: Your Life, Your Money, Your Terms" by Amanda Steinberg, the founder and CEO of WorthFM, the company I mentioned last week that I opened an IRA with in addition to having a small savings account with them. It's very interesting so far and is giving me a lot of ideas. I'll talk more about it once I've finished the book - may even write a review of it on this blog.

Other

Still doing some cleaning and organizing in my office and my bathroom. I ordered a 1/2 inch label tape for my Ptouch label maker and got it this week. Went to try and make some labels with it and it got caught in the machine, so Kevin is going to bring me some 1/2 inch tapes from work. Ordered a little organizer for my essential oils, but the little compartments are too small for the bottles - the organizer is meant for make-up and make-up brushes, etc. so I'll have to get something else. I did decide to use the organizer I got for some of the smaller stuff I have my bathroom drawers. I also had my favorite hair stylist cut my hair this weekend, it looks a lot nicer than when any of the "bargain" hair stylists cut it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment