Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Les Mills Combat/P90x Hybrid Workouts Days 47 and 48 - Legs and Back and Ab Ripper X, and Les Mills Combat Power Kata

Good morning! Sorry it's been a few days since I've updated, I've been kind of busy the past few days. I hope you all enjoyed the special post on Friday. Friday ended up not going as planned, but I'll get into that in a minute. I kind of changed things up as far as my workouts are concerned the past few days - yesterday I did Les Mills Combat Power Kata when I was supposed to have done Legs and Back and Ab Ripper X, and this morning I did Legs and Back and a pilates workout for abs that used both mat and weight exercises.

Okay, now about Friday...it started off well enough, I got  up at 4:00 so that we could leave the apartment at 5:00 to get to the airport. We got there and got parked, and went in and got our boarding passes and went through TSA - TSA actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, the scanner did light up something in my chest area, which was probably something from my open heart surgery, so the TSA person did some extra scanning on me and then sent me on my way. Once we got to the gate we got some breakfast, and then waited for our flight to board. Our flight to Philadelphia wasn't bad, it actually arrived in Philadelphia a little early. Once we got to Philadelphia however, we looked up at the monitors and found out our connecting flight to Long Island had been cancelled :(.  So we went to the special services desk to find out what they could do - they said they could send us to Hartford, Connecticut or to La Guardia Airport in New York City - neither option was good though, Hartford would ahve put us about 40 miles from where we needed to be, and La Guardia would have put is about 60 miles - so after my husband talked with my stepmom, she said we should just go home, and that my little brother would speak on our behalf. It was a very disappointing, very unhappy day for me when that happened, because I was really looking forward to seeing family that I hadn't seen in many years - my Uncle Ralph and my cousin, Emma, and to being able to say goodbye to my grandfather. I was, and still am very angry at American Airlines, although I've calmed down considerably since Friday. One good thing about Friday, is I got in over 10,000 steps that day. My body was actually very stiff and sore yesterday, and still feels a little stiff and sore today.

Anyways that was my workouts for the past few days, as well as my experience with trying to fly to New York on Friday. Tomorrow I may actually do an indoor walking workout on YouTube, just to start getting a little more walking in. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment