Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and Ab Ripper X and Eat Dirt

Good morning! This morning's workout was supposed to be Back and Biceps, but I forgot to have Kevin put my chin-up bar up, so I did Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and Ab Ripper X instead. It went pretty well, I was able to use heavier weights on most of the exercises. I think using heavier weights is really going to help me take my workouts up to another level - I'm also finding it easier to put my weights back where they go with fewer problems after my workouts are over.

I also started reading a sample of a book this morning called "Eat Dirt" by Josh Axe - it's about why leaky gut may be the cause of many health problems, and how to cure it. He starts off by talking about how his mother had a recurrence of breast cancer, and had to go through chemo and radiation to get rid of it - he started her on a diet that included a lot of plant-based foods, and encouraged her to get outside more and do things like riding horses and going to the farmers market - things where she would get a little bit dirty.  Because of these changes in diet and lifestyle, her tumors ended up shrinking, and today she lives a healthy, active life. That's about all I've read so far, but I do still have more to read, so I'll let you know more of what I find out as I read it.

That's it for now, I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment