Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2016

X Stretch and the Importance of Focus

Good morning! This morning's workout was X Stretch - it was supposed to be Yoga X, but that one is too long for me - I like X Stretch better because it's shorter. It felt great after yesterday's walking/jogging/running interval workout and leg workout.

I also wanted to take a moment to talk about the  importance of focusing. I've found that no matter what I'm doing, whether it's working out, meditating, writing, or even taking calls for work, the key to doing any of those things well is to focus 100% on what I'm doing, and not let any outside thoughts distract me. One way I've been working on trying to develop better focus is by meditating a little every day - I've meditated a little every day for the past 19 days, and I'm finding that it helps me focus better, and also be more mindful of what I'm doing, which is very important, especially with the work I do, because with the interviews I do, I really have to listen to what people are telling me so I know the best way to handle the situation, whether it's to make notes and move on, or refer the person I'm talking to to the insurance company, or ask my supervisor what to do if I'm not sure.  In the next few days, I'll be providing some ideas for how to improve focus and concentration, so stay tuned!

Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment