Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Back and Biceps and Lessons I Learned from "The Saint, The Surfer and the CEO"

Good morning - this morning's workout was Back and Biceps - was also going to do Ab Ripper X, but ended up not having enough time. Got a great workout as usual - I used my resistance bands to do the pull-up exercises because I didn't feel like having my husband get up and put up my chin-up bar.

I also wanted to talk about some of the lessons I learned and the ideas I got from one of the books I read this past weekend, "The Saint, The Surfer and the CEO," by Robin Sharma. The book is a fictional story about a man named Jack who meets three people - a priest named Mike, a surfer named Moe, and a CEO named Tess. He spends a month with each of them, and they all teach him different lessons about how to live a better life. I got some ideas for how I can make my life better by reading each of those stories - I've started meditating again, and I've also downloaded a few more books I want to read - "The Art of Living," by Epictetus, and "The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius." I've also downloaded and read a few other books - "All You Need is Less," which I'll talk about tomorrow, and I'm in the process of reading "Tox-Sick - From Toxic to Not Sick," by Suzanne Somers - I'll talk about that once I'm finished with it.

That's about it for today - I'll talk about these other books in future posts, as well as the progress I'm making with the changes in my life as a result of reading these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment