Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

My Root Canal

I got back from my root canal a little bit ago, and I'm glad to say it went well - it was much shorter than I expected, actually. They started by having me sign a consent form, then they had me put safety glasses on over my regular glasses.  Then they put a rubber "dam" (a thin rubber sheet) over my mouth so they cold keep the area clean while they worked. They also Novocained me (of course) - whenever dentists give me Novocaine (which isn't often, luckily) I can't help but think of Bill Cosby's "Dentist" routine from "Bill Cosby, Himself" - it's so true what he says, when dentists give you a shot they always hold it in there way longer than when a doctor gives you a shot. (For those of you who aren't familiar with Bill Cosby's "dentist" routine I'll put the YouTube video in this post).  Other than that, it was basically a lot of drilling, and they also sat me upright a few times to take x-rays - other than that they had the chair reclined pretty much completely flat. Once everything was done and they put int he temporary filling, I was good to go. Once the Novocaine wears off, I'll have to call my regular dentist to make an appointment to have a permanent filling or crown put on, whatever they want to do.

For you viewing pleasure, here's Bill Cosby's dentist routine:

No comments:

Post a Comment